In reviewing course materials, and project requirements I noticed that I was immediately in watching mode--looking for ideas for Project 1--what will my personal inquiry be. I have surfed, read and brainstormed. I made a mental list of things I need information about personally -- less of a work need and more of a personal need. No, I'm not going to do more searching on professional disposition and dispositional assessment of teachers! I ask myself--what am I going to do: dancing for creative outlet, gardening, chickens, geneology... I have talked with others about my various ideas and interests. I have narrowed my choices--I have chosen one and done some more looking and changed my mind...again. One thing that unnerves me is blogging and internet safety so that was a serious consideration that my blog might focus on the idea of not sharing personal information in an unsafe manner on the internet...the internet is certainly not private space. I forgot this part of my thought process until I was reading a classmates blog and there was a comment that was discussed as rather creepy which brought up this issue and reminded me of my first thoughts about creating a blog for class.
As Kuhlthau describes the affective parts of this stage in the process--"feelings of uncertainy and apprehension are common"--I am definitely filled with those feelings (Kuhlthau). I have often thought of the discomfort I feel when working on something to share with others as a bit extreme. I know it is normal to feel nervous, but do people really get this nervous :)... I think they do--but I am also really excited about choosing a topic that is going to be fun for me to delve into...so I go on watching...
(Carol Kuhlthau. Information Search Process. [Online] 20 August 2008. http://www.scils.rutgers.edu/~kuhlthau/information_search_process.htm)
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment