Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weaving & Wrapping

In this particular project, with the looming deadlines and the true purpose I am finding that my weaving and wrapping are intertwining with reflection and re-purposing my inquiry. The final project, according to Dr. Lamb, is a small portion of the entire project, and as such I am focusing far more on the overview of the project from beginning to end and how the inquiry project for me is reiterating the fact that inquiry process is recursive. How do I teach and guide students so that they learn how to determine the most appropriate final product while maintaining their interest in learning?--when that is the most difficult piece of the puzzle for me.

How is my inquiry similar to childrens and how is it different? I recognize that my inquiry begins with similar emotions and questioning, however, I have a different understanding of the process and searching, therefore, my research has more structure and free flow throughout because I already have the scaffold necessary to begin activating prior knowledge right away. I appreciated all of the tools and resources we had to review that might assist students in their own development of topic, questions, search strategies, because it gave me a deeper look at my own search strategies and questioning.

These are my thoughts now as I work on a final product and reflect on my process.

No comments: