Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wrapping & Waving

I'm trying Googledocs for presenting a powerpoint as my final project:

http://docs.google.com/Presentation?id=dfhnzz52_75dfvxkbcs

Again, I'm still working through the details and determining if I want to rework the final product, but want to get some feedback from some of my family & colleagues who have been sharing thoughts and suggestions.

I chose to use googledocs to experiment with a new tool. It would have been easier to use powerpoint and simply load it up to oncourse, but then I would have missed out on learning the frustrations of trying to edit a powerpoint file on googledocs and the translation issues from a microsoft product to the google environment. Overall, I was pleased with the functionality. I would recommend to anyone who chooses to do a presentation on googledocs to keep it simple. If you are going to upload a powerpoint it works better with the simplest slide layouts. Other more complicated layouts translate poorly.

No comments: