
As Callison's Inquiry model shows (Callison), the inquiry process is recursive--that is what this post is all about the fact that I am really going back and forth through different stages of the process all the time. Although I have yet to get to my library to check out the materials that I identified as potentially useful in my information gathering, I have continue to watch and wonder and have meaningful and fun discussions with friends, neighbors and colleagues about my topic. My newest question is about whether I was really worried about the "friendliness" of my chickens in reality or what factors were really going to be most important in the choice of chickens. I am fascinated by the idea of chickens who lay colored eggs, but is it more important to me to have the best egg produces. What is the balance I am hoping for? How much is this really going to cost? and round and round we go :)
Callison, Daniel. Key Words, Concepts and Methods for Information Age Instruction: A Guide to Teaching Information Literacy. LMS Associates. 2003. Accessed 9/5/08 http://www.virtualinquiry.com/inquiry/inquiry3.htm

2 comments:
When you get your chickens and one of them lays an egg, you should try dropping the egg on the ground in front of the birds.
I was shocked the first time I accidentally did it.
Joe Pounds
My guess is that they either eat it or become flustered/distressed...
I'll look forward to finding out--I'll probably have to ask around too, because I probably won't be getting chickens for another year or so... :)
Post a Comment